Botox and Dermal Fillers
What are Cosmetic Injectables?
Reduce the signs of aging and prevent future aging with cosmetic injectables. Shape, contour, and add volume to lips, cheeks, chin, tear troughs, jawline or nose with dermal fillers and smooth lines and wrinkles on the forehead, eyes, and mouth with Botox. Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with just one treatment.
Botox and Dysport
Botox and Dysport contain a natural, purified protein, botulinum toxin, that is injected to temporarily block nerve signals and relax facial muscles.
Dermal Fillers: Revanesse
Revanesse is a hyaluronic acid (HA) based dermal filler that is made in Canada. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body that works with collagen and elastin to give volume and support to the skin.
What does Botox and Dysport Treat?
Botox and Dysport are effective in softening or eliminating lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions including:
- Wrinkles in the forehead
- Frown line between the eyebrows
- Crows feet around the eyes
What does Dermal Filler Treat?
Dermal Fillers add definition, shape and contour to areas of the face that have lost fullness.
- Fill lines around the mouth
- Define and plump lips
- Shape the nose
- Restore volume to cheeks and under the eyes
- Fill in the backs of the hands and make veins look less prominent
*Treatment with dermal fillers is completely reversible
What can I expect during my visit?
The skin is cleaned and then a topical numbing cream is applied before treatment begins to ensure you are as comfortable as possible. Botox and dermal fillers may be used in the same appointment to achieve the results you discussed with the doctor.
How many units of Botox are required?
- Forehead lines 10 to 30 units
- Frown lines 20 to 30 units
- Crow’s feet 10 to 20 units per side
- Bunny lines approximately 5 units
- Lip flip 4 to 8 units
- Face slimming (masseter muscle) 20 to 50 units per side
These are averages but the number of units used can vary depending on factors like the depth of lines, individual muscle strength, and the desired level of correction.
How many treatments are required for best results?
You can see results after 1 treatment but cosmetic injectables are not permanent treatments.
Botox and Dysport lasts 3 to 4 months. Meanwhile, dermal fillers can last anywhere from 4 to 9 months with maintenance treatments.
What is the downtime?
There is no downtime post treatment and no permanent scarring from the injection. But it is important to note that slight bruising and swelling directly after treatment may occur due to the needle.
Are there any alternatives to Botox and Dermal Fillers?
To treat fine lines and wrinkles and address volume loss we also offer the following treatments:
- Facial Acupuncture – Naturally boosts collagen production to reduce skin sagging and fine lines
- Microneedling with Radiofrequency – A minimally invasive treatment that triggers collagen production in the skin resulting in improved skin texture and firmness
- Platelet-rich Plasma – A minimally invasive treatment for skin and hair that uses the regenerative and healing properties of Growth Factors in your own blood platelets to rejuvenate the skin